Energy Efficiency Auction
We're always on the hunt for new, innovative ways to help our residents and businesses save energy and reduce their utility costs – but we can't do it alone.
We’re looking to you to “bid” on incentive funding by submitting your best and most creative energy efficiency projects. Help us take energy efficiency to the next level. Submit your projects and compete against other contractors, energy vendors, ESCOs, property managers and developers.
ATTENTION! Auction is now closed.
The winning projects will receive incentive funding from Hawaii Energy!
Why Should I Compete?
- To move large projects forward - especially those that may not have otherwise been executed
- To showcase your company's innovation, cost-effectiveness and/or ability to penetrate a hard-to-reach market
- To receive incentive funding for technologies and/or installations outside of the existing Hawaii Energy portfolio
What Kinds of Projects Are Eligible?
We’ve broken it down into two categories:
|Projects addressing needs in specific markets
and/or involving specific technologies
selected by Hawaii Energy.
Any project outside of the Targeted Projects list,
Projects must reduce energy consumption with measured or verifiable savings and deliver one or more of the following results:
- Improved cost-effectiveness: Projects that are more cost-effective than existing Hawaii Energy program incentives (in both first year and lifetime energy savings).
- Increased penetration of market segments: Projects that demonstrate the ability to improve the uptake of energy efficiency initiatives in “hard-to-reach” market segments, which include rentals, small businesses, the healthcare sector and lower-income areas (as defined by geographic location).
- Mass installation: Projects that result in mass installation of energy-efficient technologies.
- New and Innovative: Innovative projects that are not currently incentivized by Hawaii Energy.
For full details on eligibility, download the Request for Project Applications document below.
*Any proposal received after this specified time and date shall be considered late and as such, may be considered non-responsive and may not be evaluated. Selected projects will be announced on Monday, November 3, 2014. (See the Request for Project Applications for evaluation criteria.)