Residential HVAC Participating Contractors
The below information is for participating HVAC contractors only. For more information on how to become a participating HVAC contractor, please call (808) 537-5577 (Oahu) or (877) 231-8222 (Neighbor Islands).
You may submit applications by email to us. Email the customer their copy when possible. If printing and mailing applications, please print 3 copies (Customer, Contractor and Hawai’i Energy)
Air Conditioner Tune-Up $100 Rebate
Rebate is for one system per year and must be performed by a CEA.
Central Air Conditioner Retrofit NEW LIMITED TIME INCREASE up to $1,500 Rebate
- Old unit ≤ 13.0 SEER (Outdoor units)
- New units ≥15.4 SEER (Indoor and Outdoor units)
- Invoice showing both indoor and outdoor units.
Must get preapproval from Hawaii Energy.
Mini-Split VRF Air Conditioner NEW UP TO $350 Rebate
Mini-split air conditioners with Variable Refrigerant Flow (VRF) technology are a great energy saving and cooling solution for multiple rooms in your home. Right now, we offer increased rebates towards installation:
How to get started:
- Step 1: Find a participating contractor or Clean Energy Ally (CEA).
- Step 2: The CEA will make sure your system has the mandatory Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio (SEER) rating and the Energy Efficiency Ratio (EER).
- Step 3: Upon completion of the installation, the instant rebate will be deducted from your invoice. The CEA will submit the rebate application on your behalf.
Whole House Fan / Solar Attic Fan NEW LIMITED TIME INCREASE up to $150 Rebate
Fans must be installed and operational to receive rebate.
Hawaii Energy provides HVAC participating contractors with co-op advertising funds to help promote the benefits of cooling and our rebates for the installation of HVAC systems. Receive a 50% reimbursement of ad placement costs (including tax), up to $2,500 per program year, for ad campaigns running now until June 30, 2019. Funds are limited and are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Questions? Contact Jaclyn Saito at
We have magnets for your trucks or vans highlighting your status as a Hawaii Energy solar water heating participating contractor. If you'd like to receive one for your vehicle, please contact Caroline Carl at .