Every penny is precious in a grocery store. Between balancing tiny profits with loss prevention, employee benefits, and marketing, your electric bill is a powerful tool to reduce waste across your store.
How? Your energy costs are directly tied to the life cycles of mechanical equipment. If you’re seeing flickering lights or leaky HVAC systems, that’s the perfect time to look at your energy consumption and where you can clean up energy waste.
Contact our Energy Advisors:
"We were happy to work with Hawaii Energy during our lighting renovation. Not only did we reduce our energy use, but we also got money back in the form of a rebate.”
- Andrew Chun, KTA Representative
We are here to make your energy saving dreams a reality. Where do we start?
- Self-guided walkthrough of your store to identify the biggest opportunities to reduce energy waste
- Check out our rebates and incentives to offset the cost of new equipment
- Choose a contractor to install
- Consultations and continued help in presenting energy opportunities to upper
- Tailored workshops and tools to get your whole team on board with saving energy
Custom and Standard Lighting Retrofit
Annual Energy Savings: 136, 163.7 kwh
Annual Bill Savings: $26,203.48
Custom Lighting and Pumps and Motors
Annual Energy Savings: 343,210.71 kWh
Annual Bill Savings: $69,514.24
Whole Foods (Kahala)
Annual Energy Savings: 112,510.30 kWh
Annual Bill Savings: $24,861.85
In grocery settings, the majority of energy goes towards refrigeration, accounting for 56% of total energy use. HVAC consumes another 19%, and cooking accounts for 11%.
Hawai‘i Energy has given out $3.1M in rebates for retailers in the past two years. What are you waiting for? Contact us today to lower your electric bill and see if you qualify for a rebate!