The EmPOWER Hawai'i Project
Equipping local nonprofits in their efforts to save energy and save money.
We’re on the hunt to find five local nonprofit organizations who are interested in learning how to lower their electricity costs. Are you one of them?
A Formula For Success
We get you. Budgets are tight, and every dollar gone toward keeping the lights on is one less toward your mission. That’s why we want to not only help you afford your investment in energy efficiency, but give you the know-how to make the right, most cost-effective decisions for future facility improvements. This program is designed to help organizations in three key areas:
- Financial Support – significant discounts on equipment, materials and labor through Hawai‘i Energy’s network of installation contractors
- Energy Data / Reporting – free initial facility audit (identifying where most energy is being used and opportunities to improve), energy load profile analysis and electricity bill analysis in months following completion of project
- Education – tailored discussion sessions to equip nonprofit facility managers and decision-makers with “best practice” methods and technical advice/guidance throughout project execution
Want to learn more? Download our FAQ sheet.
Am I Eligible?
Participating organizations must:
- Possess tax-exempt, 501(c)(3) status
- Have never participated with or received a rebate from Hawai‘i Energy before
- Demonstrate ability to provide high-quality services and community impact
- Designate two (2) “champions” at your organization to serve as points of contact throughout the program, attend sessions, and keep the rest of your team updated as needed throughout the project.
- Be willing to commit at least 10 hours of time to attending sessions, developing a proposal, accompanying Hawai‘i Energy staff on facility walkthroughs, and making arrangements / decisions with Hawai‘i Energy and contractors.