About the Innovation Symposium
Join us at our Innovation Symposium, an informational and networking expo designed to help you evaluate the actions you’re currently taking to balance your energy usage. Energy-efficient measures aren’t just good for the planet, but also can improve customer satisfaction. Bringing together speakers at the forefront of their fields, local energy experts, and the people of Hawaii who each and every day, strive to make our island a better place for our keiki, we’ll cover ways to harness your technical skills to electrify your profits.
There’s no day like today to save energy. We invite you to connect with us and others as you make achieving your business goals a reality!
Every company that attends will receive a $1,000 bonus coupon, good toward a future qualifying energy-saving installation!
Coupon may be stacked with other Hawaii Energy rebates. Must be present to receive.
As featured on Living808
Join Us for these Exciting Sessions
This page is being continually updated, so be sure to check back often!
Descriptions coming soon.
EVENT DAY: Thursday, October 12, 2023
REGISTRATION & CHECK-IN
Keynote Address (presented by The Light Bulb Source)
- Joshua Stanbro, Deputy Director of Elemental Excelerator's Policy Lab
10 min break
Sustainability Gains through Energy Management
- Cherie Martyn, Vice President & Sr. Facilities Manager, Central Pacific Bank
- Derek Bacigal, Director of Facilities, Kukio Golf & Beach Club
- Kelly Sanders, EVP Operations, Highgate Hotels
- Chester Carson, Hawaii Energy
Are you tracking energy as part of your sustainability goals? This panel representing Hawaii businesses to nationally-recognized companies will share key insights to building a successful energy management program. We will discuss best practices on how to set goals, build capacity, track progress, and engage your teams. Our panelists will cover the challenges and victories, while offering you inspiration for your energy management planning.
EXHIBITS / NETWORKING
Shaping Energy Use: How to Benefit from the Changing Energy Landscape
- Chauncey Brown, Vice President, Rising Sun Solar
- Harzali Hashim, Complex Director of Engineering, Kyo-ya Hotels & Resorts
- Ronak Y. Chikhalya, P.E., Program Manager, Distributed Energy Resource (DER) Programs & Project Development, Los Angeles Department of Water & Power
- Yoh Kawanami, Director, Customer Energy Resources, Operations, Hawaiian Electric Company
- Caroline Carl, Hawaii Energy
Are you ready to shape the way your business uses energy to save money and contribute to the clean energy transition? Get the tools you need to prepare for the changing energy landscape.
Buffet lunch, networking & exhibits
Renovation Ready? A Playbook to Go Big and Save Big!
Course is approved for 1 AIA Learning Units (HSW)
- Wendell Brase, Associate Chancellor of Sustainability, University of California at Irvine
- Josh Earn, Managing Director of Lending & Innovation, National Housing Trust
- Brody McMurtry, Johnson Controls
- Allyn Lee, City & County of Honolulu
- Eileen Lacaden Stewart, Hawaii Energy
A deep energy retrofit is a holistic approach to building renovation design that leverages interactive effects between all of your building’s systems rather than making piecemeal replacements to individual systems in isolation. By taking this integrative approach, you can achieve deeper energy savings, minimize operational and maintenance (O&M) costs into the future, and reduce your building’s greenhouse gas emissions. Deep energy retrofits require significant upfront investment; however, the lasting benefits for make it worthwhile for building owners, maintenance staff, tenants, and the climate. Panelists will discuss lessons learned through this approach and best practices to overcome common challenges.
EXHIBITS / NETWORKING
Keep Your Bills Cool: Save Money with HVAC Optimization
- Erik Moser, Vice President of National Accounts, Dalkia Energy Solutions
- Jaxon McCloy, BYU Hawaii
- Brian Farr, Hawaii Energy Systems
- Dan Mestas, Hawaii Energy
Is the cost of your HVAC system making you sweat? Explore the latest techniques and technologies to optimize your chiller plant and other HVAC system performance.
10 min break
WRAP-UPSession presented by Illuminage
PAU HANA EVENT: at Maui Brewing Company Waikīkī
Presented by Hawaii Energy Systems
Make your plans to visit these exciting booths at our Vendor Fair:
Island Cooling LLC, Powersmiths, Envoy Hawaii, Hawaii Green Infrastructure Authority, Portfi, USDA Rural Development, Refrigeration Systems Construction and Service Company Inc, Wesco Distribution, Colmac Water Heat, Oxygen8, WISUITE USA, Johnson Controls, Inc., Koo Electric Service, EMCC Hawaii, Hawaii Energy Systems