Electric Vehicle Charging Stations
THERE’S NO BETTER TIME THAN NOW TO GET EV READY!
Offset your costs to install an EV charging station at your commercial facility or multi-unit dwelling with this timely rebate!
For first-time installations:
- $4,500 per networked Level 2 station (must have at least 2 ports)
- $35,000 per networked DC Fast Charging station
For station retrofits:
- $3,000 per networked Level 2 station (must have at least 2 ports)
- $28,000 per networked DC Fast Charging station
Limited time offer, first-come first-served basis, while funding lasts. Installed stations must be multi-port Level 2 or DC fast-charging multi-port stations with network connectivity, and single-family residences and individually owned parking stalls are not eligible for rebates. Terms & conditions apply. See below for full details.
Hawai'i Energy is pleased to administer EV charging station incentives funded through the State of Hawaiʻi Act 142 under contract with the Hawaiʻi Public Utilities Commission. The State legislature has allocated a total of $400,000 for EVCS installation projects completed between January 1, 2020 and June 30, 2021:
- Round 1 funding: $150,000 in rebates for EVCS installation projects completed on January 1, 2020 through June 30, 2020
- Round 2 funding: $250,000 in rebates for EVCS installation projects completed on July 1, 2020 through June 30, 2021
Rebates are available on a first-come first-served basis while funding lasts. Please check back regularly to this webpage for a running balance of remaining available funds:
Updated on 01/24/2020: 100% funds remaining
How Do I Start?
- Select a licensed contractor to help you. For convenience, we suggest choosing one of our approved Clean Energy Allies serving Oʻahu, Maui and Hawaiʻi Island, or click here for a list of EVCS contractors serving Kaua`i.
- Assess: First, the contractor will visit your building to assess the site and its infrastructure. The contractor will then provide a proposal on the EV Charging Station installation at your site.
- Order: Once the assessment is complete and you approve the project, the contractor will order the charging station that will suit your needs.
- Install: Your new EV Charging Station will be installed and you must submit all required documentation along with your incentive application within 12 months of completed installation. Please remember, rebates are available on a first-come first-served basis as long as funding is available, so submit your application as soon as possible.
Funding for this special rebate offer was appropriated by the Hawai‘i State Legislature in 2019 and is administered on behalf of the Hawai‘i Public Utilities Commission by Hawai‘i Energy. This rebate is therefore subject to different terms and conditions than other Hawai‘i Energy rebates, and we encourage you to read through the eligibility requirements and application thoroughly before applying.