Implementing energy efficiency measures and using energy efficient technologies, schools can easily reduce their energy bills by 10-30% on average. Also, with simple changes in behavior, a reduction in the school’s energy usage can be achieved quickly and easily.
If you’re looking to improve the student performance, increase learning and comfort, energy efficiency is a great start. Energy-efficient upgrades can decrease energy without negative impacts to student learning.
Example: Replacing a fluorescent lights with a LED’s, a facility can reduce its energy consumption by 30%.
Lowering your energy bill equals more money to pay for upgrades that can enhance health and quality of learning.
Contact our energy advisors:
On average, K-12 schools spend more on energy bills than on computers and textbooks combined
According to the U.S. Department of Energy
The Hawaii Energy program has been working with the Department of Education since the inception of the program. We have processed over 200 rebate payments totaling over $1.9 M in incentives
- kWh savings: 11,229,045
- kW savings: 1,797
- Hokulani Waikiki by Hilton Kitchen Exhaust Hood ventilation
Annual Energy savings: 94051.29 kWh
Annual Bill Savings: $14,687.71
- Trump International Hotel Waikiki EV Charging Station
- The Outrigger Waikiki High Efficiency Chillers
Annual Energy savings: 672,000.00 kWh
Annual Bill Savings: $127,680
Top ways for hotels to save energy:
- ENERGY STAR® Chillers
- LED lighting
- AC Thermostat and lighting controls
- For gift shops, restaurants, other areas in which air conditioning is used: shut the door to prevent all that cool air from going straight outside.