$75 CASH BACK
We recycle, you get paid! Rid-a-Fridge makes it easy for residential electric customers to surrender old refrigerators and freezers. We recycle old, energy-draining working units for FREE and pay you. Residents on the islands of Hawaii, Maui and Oahu will receive $75 for each one.
Before you apply
Make sure you have your Contract ID # ready
To locate your Contract ID # on your electric bill, look in the top right corner of your bill under the service address. It starts with the number 3 and is eight digits long as in the example below.
How to Get Started
- Retrieve the following information:
- Contract ID# from your electric bill
- Make, model, serial number, approximate age and size of your old working 14 cubic feet or larger fridge or freezer
- Call to schedule for a free pick-up. 537-5577 or toll-free 1-877-231-8222.
- The hauler will pick up your old fridge or freezer* (a receipt can be left upon request.) They will then submit the application on your behalf. Your rebate will be mailed to you within 6-8 weeks.
*For Hawaii Island residents: Some locations are not accessible by haulers. You may instead drop off your old refrigerator/freezer with application at the following Big Island Scrap Metal locations: (Hilo) 16-168 Kalara St., Keaau or (Kona) 74-586 Honokohau St., Kailua-Kona. Contact Cody with any questions at 808-854-4530.
Together, we can make a difference in our communities!
You can donate your $75 Rid-A-Fridge cash rebate and help feed families in need today. Hawaii Energy is proud to partner once again with The Food Basket and the Hawaii Food Bank to help bring assistance to Hawaii’s food insecure population.
8/20/23 Update: Currently, the Maui Food Bank is collecting donations to help provide meals for those affected by the recent fires on their island. For every $1 donated, they are able to provide 4 full meals. By choosing to donate your tax deductible $75 Rid-A-Fridge rebate, your gift will provide 300 meals. For more information, visit MauiFoodBank.org.
To donate, simply check the appropriate box in “Section 2 – Rebate Payment Information” on your rebate application then sign next to it. See example below:
Promotions continue while funding lasts. We thank you for your support!