Energy Advantage Program
The Energy Advantage program provides qualifying businesses and nonprofits with lighting upgrades at significantly reduced prices. Energy-efficient lighting is one of the simplest, most effective ways to lower your electricity costs and begin increasing your financial assets – not to mention you can improve the look of your space in no time!
More Information on Energy Advantage:
You qualify if you are located within Hawaii, Honolulu, or Maui counties and are one of the following:
- A restaurant
- A small business receiving electric service under a commercial rate schedule with demand less than or equal to 30 kilowatts (kW) per month
- A common area in an eligible multi-tenant affordable housing property**
- A 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization
*Master-metered businesses must receive sign-off from the utility account holder. Contact us to learn more.
**Multi-tenant affordable housing projects owned by private, non-profit or government entities, developed with funding or support from federal, state or county resources (Source: Affordable Housing Inventory February 2023). This may include Elderly Housing, Public Housing, or Section 8 voucher approved housing.
How Do I Start
- Choose an Approved Contractor. To qualify, you must use a Hawaii Energy-approved participating contractor.
- Get a free lighting assessment. Your contractor will audit your existing lighting and prepare a proposal for your review.
- Preview your new lighting. Your contractor will install a lighting sample, secure your approval before the full retrofit and help you complete your application.
- Schedule your installation. Work with your contractor to schedule your new energy-efficient lighting at your convenience. Enjoy your energy savings!
Enjoyed Your Experience?
Tell A Friend!
Know another business who could benefit from energy-efficient lighting? Tell them about Energy Advantage and you can earn a $100 Target gift card! Make as many referrals as you want. For details, see here or for frequently asked questions click here.
Want to Become an Energy Advantage Contractor?
These Participating Contractors conduct work for our Energy Advantage Program, which provides qualifying customers with low-cost lighting retrofits. For more information, contact HawaiiEnergy@leidos.com.