As much as half of the energy used in your home goes to heating and cooling.
Regular maintenance and exploring other energy-efficient cooling options can have a big effect on your energy savings, electric bill and comfort.
Mini-Split VRF Air Conditioner
Mini-split air conditioners with Variable Refrigerant Flow (VRF) technology are a great energy saving and cooling solution for multiple rooms in your home.
Air Conditioner Tune-Up NEW rebate increase!
Keep your home’s central or split air conditioning system running in tip-top shape by booking a maintenance tune-up. When you do, you’ll receive a $100 instant rebate.
Window Air Conditioner Trade-Up
Earn a $50 rebate for purchasing a qualified window air conditioner (AC) and trading in your old, working window ac or portable air conditioner unit for recycling! To qualify, your unit must have an Energy Efficiency Ratio (EER) of 11.2 or higher. You could save about $67* per year on your electric bill, plus an energy-efficient AC uses 15% less energy than conventional models.
*Estimated savings based on $0.34/kWh. Savings may vary depending on make, model and usage of your window AC.
Some Simple Buying Tips:
- Look on the unit's box for Energy Efficiency Ratio (EER) of 11.2 or higher. The higher the rating means the unit is more energy-efficient.
- Make sure you are buying the right size Window AC for your needs. To learn more, visit http://energy.gov/energysaver/articles/room-air-conditioners.
How do I get the rebate?
- PURCHASE: Buy a qualified window AC from a participating retailer and receive a rebate application at the time of purchase. Participating retailers include Admor HVAC, American Air Conditioning, Inc., Best Buy, City Mill, Disco Mart, Home Depot, Lowe’s, Navy Exchange (NEX), Newtown Appliance, Sam’s Club Pearl City, Discount Mutual, OK TV–Ward, Walmart and Sears.
- TRADE UP: Schedule a pick-up for the recycling of your old AC by calling 537-5577 or toll-free at (877) 231-8222. Make sure to have the hauling company sign and stamp your application.
- SEND: Submit your completed rebate application along with the receipt/invoice via mail to the following address: Hawaii Energy, P.O. Box 3920, Honolulu, HI 96812.
Save on your home’s cooling costs by replacing your old thermostat with a new smart thermostat. Right now, get a $50 rebate on a qualifying smart thermostat from Hawai'i Energy.
- Go online to EnergyStar.gov/PRODUCTFINDER
- Click on “Smart Thermostats” for a list of qualifying products to purchase.
- Download the form and mail it to us for your rebate.
Solar Attic Fan
Get a $50 rebate on a solar attic fan, which cools your roof and may reduce the load on your air conditioning system.
Whole House Fan
Get a $75 rebate on a whole house fan that draws cooler, outside air through your living space by pushing the hot air out of the home and out of the attic vents, creating a cooling breeze.