Water Heating Rebates
Your home’s largest energy consumer is your electric water heater. Switching to a more energy-efficient option can save you up to 40% on your electric bill. Making the switch is even easier with Hawaii Energy's Water Heating Rebates to save you even more money on your electric bill.
Need help selecting the right water heater? Visit our resources page, click here.
We're making improvements to better serve you:
A new application portal is on its way!
Meanwhile, download/print the applications you need any time. And if you need assistance, contact us:
Toll Free 877-231-8222
Solar Water Heating $750 INSTANT REBATE
A solar water heater in your home is the best way to save money on your electric bill. With Hawaii Energy’s rebate combined with state and federal tax credits, you can save an incredible amount on the system purchase price in the first year.
- Step 1: Find a participating Clean Energy Ally contractor.
- Step 2: Schedule the installation with the CEA.
- Step 3: Upon completion of the installation, the instant rebate will be deducted from your invoice. The CEA will submit the rebate application on your behalf.
Solar Water Heater Tune-Up $100 INSTANT REBATE
Already have solar water heating? Proper maintenance is key to getting the maximum life and benefit out of your solar water heating system. Hawaii Energy recommends maintenance tune-ups for solar water heating systems every 5 years. Get an instant rebate of $100 when your tune up is completed by one of our participating contractors.
Heat Pump Water Heater Limited time increase: $500 INSTANT REBATE
Another option for reducing your water heating cost is to install an ENERGY STAR® heat pump water heater for your home. Heat pump water heaters are 2x as efficient as a conventional water heater, cutting your water heating costs in half. Hawaii Energy rebates and federal tax credits make this water heater a very cost-effective upgrade.
If you have backordered this appliance, please allow 10-12 weeks for its delivery. For more information regarding current supply and shipping delays, visit HawaiiEnergy.com/covid-19-program-updates.
- Step 1: Visit a participating retailer (listed below).
- Step 2: Find and purchase the eligible product. Must be ENERGY STAR® certified, up to 82 gallons.
- Step 3: Your in-store instant rebate is included in the final price.
- Ferguson\The Plumbing Source
- Home Depot
- Inter-Island Solar Supply
*Cannot be combined with any other Hawaii Energy rebates or offers.