Every penny is precious in a grocery store. Between balancing tiny profits with loss prevention, employee benefits, and marketing, your electric bill is a powerful tool to reduce waste across your store.
How? Your energy costs are directly tied to the life cycles of mechanical equipment. If you’re seeing flickering lights or leaky HVAC systems, that’s the perfect time to look at your energy consumption and where you can clean up energy waste.
Energy Management Best Practices During COVID-19
For Grocery Stores
Contact our Energy Advisors:
"We were happy to work with Hawaii Energy during our lighting renovation. Not only did we reduce our energy use, but we also got money back in the form of a rebate.”
- Andrew Chun, KTA Representative
NEW! GROCERY ENERGY EFFICIENCY ASSESSMENT
Hawaii Energy is excited to announce its partnership with Ratio Institute to conduct educational energy assessments for food retailers in Honolulu, Maui, and Hawai’i counties. These specialized audits are available on a first come, first served basis, and will include an expert evaluation on current energy efficiency practices to help save energy, reduce operating cost, and plan for future equipment maintenance and upgrades. The assessment will highlight energy saving opportunities in refrigeration, lighting, air conditioning, kitchen equipment, and more.
What's Involved In An Energy Efficiency Assessment?Ratio Institute will:
- Identify and engage with grocery store teams interested in an educational assessment
- Design, schedule, and conduct walk-through and educational assessment
- Complete a report summarizing unique energy efficiency opportunities for each site
- Robust support for energy use reduction through operation & maintenance
- On-site energy efficiency walk-through with managers, team leads, line workers, and staff
- Written report of site-specific energy best practices including operational changes, equipment upgrades, and available rebates
Questions? Please reach out to Marissa at Marissa.Kunsch@leidos.com for more information.
Custom and Standard Lighting Retrofit
Annual Energy Savings: 136, 163.7 kwh
Annual Bill Savings: $26,203.48
Custom Lighting and Pumps and Motors
Annual Energy Savings: 343,210.71 kWh
Annual Bill Savings: $69,514.24
Whole Foods (Kahala)
Annual Energy Savings: 112,510.30 kWh
Annual Bill Savings: $24,861.85
In grocery settings, the majority of energy goes towards refrigeration, accounting for 56% of total energy use. HVAC consumes another 19%, and cooking accounts for 11%.
Hawai‘i Energy has given out $3.1M in rebates for retailers in the past two years. What are you waiting for? Contact us today to lower your electric bill and see if you qualify for a rebate!