For a limited time Hawai'i Energy is making Energy Advantage
lighting retrofits FREE for eligible businesses.
The Energy Advantage program provides qualifying participants with lighting upgrades at significantly reduced prices. Energy-efficient lighting is one of the simplest, most effective ways to lower your electricity costs and begin increasing your financial assets – not to mention you can improve the look of your space in no time!
More Information on Energy Advantage:
You qualify if you are located within Hawai‘i, Honolulu, or Maui counties and are one of the following:
- A restaurant (free for a limited time)
- A small business on electric utility billing rate Schedule G (free for a limited time)
- A small business on a master-metered* electric utility account with a total space less than 5,000 sq.ft (free for a limited time)
- A common area located in an eligible multifamily housing property**
FREE Offer for Restaurants and Small Businesses
For a limited time, Hawai'i Energy is offering lighting retrofits to restaurants and small businesses through Energy Advantage for free. This offer is valid from October 1, 2020 – June 30, 2021 or until funding lasts. Projects must be installed and completed by June 30, 2021.
*Master-metered businesses must receive sign-off from the utility account holder (typically found by contacting your building manager). Or call us for more info at 839-8880 (Oahu) or 1-877-231-8222 (toll-free).
**Multi-tenant affordable housing projects owned by private, non-profit or government entities, developed with funding or support from federal, state or county resources (Source: Affordable Housing Inventory May 31 2019). This may include Elderly Housing, Public Housing, or Section 8 voucher approved housing.
How Do I Start
- Choose an Approved Contractor. To qualify, you must use a Hawai'i Energy-approved participating contractor.
- Get a free lighting assessment. Your contractor will audit your existing lighting and prepare a proposal for your review.
- Preview your new lighting. Your contractor will install a lighting sample, secure your approval before the full retrofit and help you complete your application.
- Schedule your installation. Work with your contractor to schedule your new energy-efficient lighting at your convenience. Enjoy your energy savings!
Let Us Give You An Advantage
We know you’ll be pleased with this unique opportunity to save money and energy. To learn more about the Energy Advantage Program or for information about additional Hawaii Energy programs and offers, call us on Oahu at 839-8880 or toll-free at 1-877-231-8222 on the neighbor islands.
Want to Become an Energy Advantage Contractor?
These Participating Contractors conduct work for our Energy Advantage Program, which provides qualifying customers with low-cost lighting retrofits. For more information, contact Marissa Kunsch Marissa.Kunsch@leidos.com.