The Energy Advantage program provides qualifying participants with lighting upgrades at significantly reduced prices. Energy-efficient lighting is one of the simplest, most effective ways to lower your electricity costs and begin increasing your financial assets – not to mention you can improve the look of your space in no time!
Who will qualify?
You are located within Hawai‘i, Honolulu, or Maui counties and are:
- A restaurant,
- A small business on electric utility billing rate schedule G,
- A small business on a master-metered* electric utility account with a total space less than 5,000 sq. ft., or
- A common area located in a multifamily housing property**
*Master-metered businesses must receive sign-off from the utility account holder (typically found by contacting your building manager). Or call us for more info at 839-8880 (Oahu) or 1-877-231-8222 (toll-free).
**Multi-tenant affordable housing projects owned by private, non-profit or government entities, developed with funding or support from federal, state or county resources (Source: Affordable-Housing-Inventory-April-20171.pdf). This may include Elderly Housing, Public Housing, or Section 8 voucher approved housing.
How Do I Start?
The contractor will take the following three steps:
- Assess - First, the contractor will visit your business, restaurant or multifamily property for a free assessment of your existing lighting. The contractor will then provide an application and commitment letter for your review and signature, which will include provisions such as liability, insurance and warranty.***
- Order - Once the assessment is complete, the contractor will order the correct energy-efficient lighting that will suit your aesthetic needs.
- Install - Your new lighting will be installed at your convenience.
Let Us Give You An Advantage
We know you’ll be pleased with this unique opportunity to save money and energy. To learn more about the Energy Advantage Program or for information about additional Hawaii Energy programs and offers, call us on Oahu at 839-8880 or toll-free at 1-877-231-8222 on the neighbor islands.