Switching out your old appliances to ENERGY STAR® certified models will help you save energy and reduce your monthly electric bills.
An old refrigerator uses about twice as much energy as a new ENERGY STAR® certified refrigerator.
For a limited time, receive a $150 rebate* when you purchase a qualifying ENERGY STAR® certified refrigerator from a participating retailer. Rebate requires that you have a working refrigerator (14 cu. ft or larger) to trade in. The participating retailer will haul it away when they deliver your new model. We make sure it’s recycled properly, this is a requirement of the program.
How to get started
- Step 1: Purchase a new ENERGY STAR® certified refrigerator (greater than 16 cu. ft.) from a participating retailer below.
- Step 2: The retailer will provide you with an application and then schedule pick up of your old, working refrigerator.
- Step 3: Sign the application and have the hauler stamp it upon picking up your old unit. The application must be postmarked within sixty (60) days of the purchase. Your rebate will be mailed to you within 6-8 weeks.
*The Rid-A-Fridge and Trade-Up offer may not be combined. Trade-Up applications are available on a first-come, first-served basis with approved retailers during point of purchase, to ensure proper recycling. Rebate is subject to change without notice.
Participating retailers by island:
- Lanai: Island Appliance
- Maui: Hamai Appliance, Home Depot, Lowes and Sears
- Oahu: Best Buy (all locations), Disco Mart, Discount Mutual, Home Depot (all locations), Lowes (all locations), Midtown Radio, Navy Exchange, Newtown Appliances, OK TV & Appliance (all locations), Pacific Appliance Group, Sears (all locations), Sears Outlet, Servco Home and Appliance Distribution, The Discount Store and Wada's Appliance
- Hawaii: Sears (Hilo), Lowe's (Kona), Home Depot, Hakoda's Builders Appliance (Kona)
Refrigerator/Freezer "Rid-A-Fridge" Offer - NEW rebate increase!
By keeping a second refrigerator in your basement or garage, you could be wasting as much as $125 per year. Let us recycle that old working refrigerator/freezer for FREE and pay you! Residents of Hawaii island, Maui County and Oahu will receive $75 for each one.More Information
Heat Pump Water Heater
An option for reducing your energy cost is to consider installing an ENERGY STAR® certified heat pump water heater for your home. Get a $300 rebate towards your purchase today.
Washers & Dryers
You can save loads of money and energy by upgrading to an energy efficient washer and dryer. Purchase an ENERGY STAR® certified washer and/or dryer for cutting edge technology along with the highest energy efficiency savings possible. Look for our in-store signs at local retailers for the models with the best values.
Washing dishes in a new ENERGY STARÂ® certified dishwasher rather than hand washing can cut your utility bills by about $40 per year. It uses less than half as much energy and saves more than 5,000 gallons of water each year. Look for our in-store signs at local retailers for the models with the best values.